Thursday, January 3, 2013

Opera Lady Lamp

Waaaay back in April I built a prop that was an Opera Lady Lamp. It took me some time to figure out how to do the wiring so that it was safe & durable and it still have the look/feel I needed. I've add some photos of the process. I used Apoxie Sculpt to make the figure. It is a two part clay that has about 2 - 3 hours of working time and is totally dry in 24 hours with no shrinkage. Here is a link to their website: www.avesstudio.com. They are wonderful! I bought all the wiring stuff from Home Depot and tons of light bulbs until I found ones that had the right brightness, shape and didn't get to hot. I bought the fabric, made a pattern for the dress so that it was two piece so the top worked like a lamp shade so it could be taken off to change the bulbs. I sewed the dress and fitted it to the lamp.   Finally, I painted her with enamel paint and added a wig and sculpted a helmet starting with half a plastic Easter egg. Enjoy the pics!








No comments: